December 14, 2008

Circle Punched Frame Card


I really get a lot of inspiration from other card crafters. Some people come up with the most unique ways to decorate a card. In September I came across a blog where the stamper used her corner slot punch to make a circle frame that was just gorgeous. I didn't have the punch she used in her video, so used one I had. To see that card, go to the September 24th post. I finally bought the punch she used and made the card above. I just love this punch.


I decided I wanted to make a birthday card using this technique, so began with a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" blue base card. I made the frame in a darker blue then backed it with some decorative floral paper. Then I stamped 'Happy Birthday' on a small piece of the same shade of blue and backed it with a darker blue. I tied a sheer white ribbon around the front of the card and attached the Happy Birthday piece.