January 14, 2010

Chocolate Inspiration


This week's challenge inspiration from Pals Paper Arts is a delicious looking piece of chocolate in a white crimped paper holder.


Of course Valentine's Day was my first thought...then getting in my car and going out to find some chocolate quickly came second. I decided I'd make the card first, then go get the chocolate.


I began by crimping a white strip to look like the paper the candy was in. I backed the white strip with a piece of brown card stock and a red strip that I border punched with hearts (Martha Stewart) at the top and bottom. I used a favorite Valentine rubber stamp from Stubby Stampers and stamped it in dark red on white. I die cut the image using my oval Nestabilities and backed it with brown. The last step was to round the card edges and add some tiny hearts around the Valentine image.