January 25, 2010

Mardi Gras Card



I've always liked Fred She Said Designs, so wanted to participate in their first blog challenge. The challenge was to use the header and background on the challenge blog as inspiration. My mind is in a Mardi Gras mode, so the first thing I thought was that the colors looked like the Mardi Gras colors.

I decided on Fred's digital image (freebie) called Doodle Tiles from 2007. On a MS Word document I uploaded the tile six times. I made the first one 2-1/2" and decreased each of the others by 1/8th of an inch. I cut them out and layered them (making one square and the next diagonal) using pop dots to make a 3-D medallion. I added little holographic brads (stickers) to the top image give it a little sparkle.

For the background I stamped a piece of white card stock with the SU Baroque flourish in green. I computer generated the words Mardi Gras below the medallion. I backed this piece with some gold paper and added it to a purple card. Below is a close up of the layered medallion.


"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"