March 13, 2010

Teacup Pansies


I just love this digital design from Fred, She Said Designs. She does such wonderful drawings and this one I had to have. The current challenge on her challenge blog is to make a card using a digital design with hearts. Immediately I thought of making a heart frame for the teacup of pansies using a punch method I've used before. I love the way it came out and it is a perfect card for Spring.



The digital design was printed on white card stock. The blue frame was punched from a 4" circle using a heart shaped corner slot punch from EK Success. To see a video tutorial for the punched frame, click HERE. I added the frame to the image using pop dots to give it a raised effect. I backed the framed image with a light blue and dark blue card stock and added brads to the corners. Finished size of card is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".