October 18, 2010

Just Because...An RAK


This week for the Just Add Ink challenge we are to make a card and just add blue . We were also encouraged to send the card to someone as an RAK. I'm a big supporter of Random Acts of Kindness and of course love the color blue, so wanted to participate.

I came across a card recently with daisies and a butterfly and loved the look and the layout, so decided I wanted to do one in blue.


I started with a 5" x 7" navy blue base card. I stamped two blue daisies (Rubber Stampede) on white and added a computer-generated sentiment. I punched a butterfly (Paper Studio) and stamped it with a blue flourish. I added pearls to the butterfly's body then backed the white layer with blue and navy card stock. I added a blue ribbon to the left and three white brads at the bottom for balance.