October 21, 2010

A Purple Flutterby


Purple and teal...what an interesting color combination. Today I wanted to make a card with purple in it. I also wanted to make another butterfly card for the current Flutterby Wednesday challenge.


I started with a sheet of textured purple card stock. As I was thumbing through my paper, I came across a sheet of scrapbook paper with purple and teal flowers on it. I just happen to have a peony purple stamp pad and it matched the papers perfectly, so it all came together. I stamped a stipple butterfly (Stampin' Up!) on white and backed it with a teal card stock. I placed the solid color card stock at the top and the floral paper at the bottom with a white ribbon at the center. Gold brads at each corner finished off the look I wanted. It's bright, that's for sure. Finished size of card is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".