November 10, 2010

A Masculine Card


When I purchased a McGill moose punch many years ago I wondered what I would use it for. It's sat on a shelf for a long time and today I was glad I had bought it. I needed to make a birthday card for a man, and I didn't know what I was going to do. I don't have many images that would work on a masculine card. I did have this great wooded scene stamp from Embossing Arts, so thought I'd use that. Then I thought of the moose punch, so punched a few in brown and it was a perfect size to add to the wooded scene.


I started with a 6" x 5-1/2" base card. I sponge stamped the edge of a white top note die cut with a beige color ink. I stamped the trees in brown then using pop dots added the moose as if he was walking through the trees. I backed the die cut with a brown decorative card stock that I border punched (at the bottom) with a Martha Stewart punch. I then backed that piece with beige and brown card stock. I added some gold elastic cord to the bottom and made a little tag that I attached to the cord. I then attached it to the base card.