December 11, 2010

Reindeer Christmas Card



This year I'm decorating my Christmas tree with reindeer, so I thought I'd make my Christmas cards with the same theme. I love this little reindeer image from A Muse Artstamps.

I recently came across a great deal on glossy white card stock, so used it to make A-2 tent cards. I stamped 'Merry Christmas' (Stampin' Up!) in red at the bottom of the card and Cuttlebug-embossed the top with my snowflakes folder. I stamped my reindeer in brown then sponge stamped his body with a light beige color (using a cut-out stencil). I added a little red nose (for my granddaughter who adores Rudolph), and die cut the reindeer with my Nestablilites circle die. I backed it with a die cut red scallop circle and attached it to the top of the card. To finish the card I added a gold elastic string between the embossing and the greeting.