March 21, 2011

Stamper of the Month


This month my name was drawn as Stamper of the Month (random drawing) at Midweststampers.com. Last week I received my prize box of goodies. It was filled with ribbon, paper, embellishments, mounted stamps, unmounted stamps and more. In the various unmounted images there was a black rubber image of what looked like a Japanese block print design. It was from a company called Onyx Xpressions, which I later found out is a mail order stamp company in Houston. I love their images.


The image inspired me to make a card (actually, I made four), and love how it stamps. I started with a red 5" x 5" base card. I added some decorative black and white floral paper to the top of the card and a thin black strip below the paper. I stamped the bird image in black on glossy white card stock then backed it with the same red I used for the card. I placed it to the left side then stamped 'for you' (SU) to the right. I love this card!