April 8, 2011

Flutter By Pink Butterfly


Today I was thinking Easter, pastels, and butterflies, so made the card below for the current Flutterby Wednesday Challenge.


I started with a pastel striped pocket card with a pink and white insert card. I die cut a dimensional butterfly (QuicKutz) and attached it to the front of the pocket. On the insert card I stamped Happy Easter (My Sentiments Exactly) in pink and added a mini flower at each side. I computer-generated an Easter greeting which I placed at the bottom of the card insert. Lastly I added small pearls along the scalloped edge and tied a yellow ribbon at the top.

Here is a close-up of the 2-piece dimensional butterfly die cut. The back layer is solid, while the top layer is a more delicate cut, so that the wings can be lifted slightly.