July 27, 2011

Fairy Dreams


This morning I was organizing my unmounted stamp images and came across a few I had forgotten about. One of the images was a pretty fairy in an oval frame. I decided this was the image I would use to make a card for the current Flutterby Wednesday Challenge. This week we are to use stripes on a card with an image of either a butterfly, fairy or angel.

I decided to go with some more of the designer card stock from my Ella Blue pad. I started with a 5-3/4" x 4-1/2" light blue tent card. I used some brown, white and striped designer card stock for the layers, scallop punching the edge of the white and striped piece. I stamped the fairy in brown on a patterned blue card stock and cut it out, cutting along the oval frame. I stamped two additional images and cut out just the fairy from one and just the wings from the other. These were added to the first stamped image with pop dots for a raised, dimensional effect.


I cut two 2-1/4" squares (one brown and the other blue) and attached them to the top of the card. I then glued the fairy to the blue square. Below the fairy image I added an oval die cut piece on which I stamped the word 'dream'.