October 6, 2011

Just Black and White


I received the prettiest card the other day from my secret sister. It was a lovely flower grouping stamped in black on white card stock. It had one piece of decorative black and white paper behind the flowers and one little black and white brad off to the side. It was so pretty that I had to make a few of my own.


I started with some decorative black and white paper (backed with a piece of solid black) and adhered a stamped image of two roses onto the paper. I glued this piece onto an A-2 white base card. Next I punched a black circle and added a large black brad at the center. I adhered it to the card at the right of the roses. Lastly I simply stamped 'For You' above the brad and the card was finished. Although I do like cards that have some color to them, a simple black and white card has a beauty all it's own. I think I'll make a few more.