December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas


I am so last-minute. It's 3 days before Christmas and I just mailed off the last of my Christmas cards. A few days earlier I was looking at cards on other stamper's websites and I came across the most elegant Christmas tree image on a card made by a lady named Lucy Abrams. I immediately fell in love with the flourished tree image so I had to have it. She mentioned it was a Hero Arts image, but then I read that it was one of their digital images. I didn't even know Hero Arts had digital images. I don't usually make cards using digital images, but this one I had to buy regardless. Within a few minutes of ordering it, it was downloaded onto my computer. Lucy used rhinestones and colored pearls to decorate her tree (you should take a look at it on her site). I used little white pearls to decorate mine. Click on the picture to see them better.


I started with a striped tan base card. I printed out my black tree on decorative tan card stock. I stamped 'Merry Christmas' (Stampin' Up) under the tree then cut it out. I then added a little darker color to the edges of the tree layer and the entire card with stamp ink and a paintbrush. After attaching the tree image to the card I added mini pearls for decoration.