January 17, 2013

Splitcoast Stampers Teapot Tuesday Challenge


I love the Splitcoast Stampers website. One of my favorite challenges there is the Teapot Tuesday challenge. The idea is to make a card inspired by a story (told by the moderator), a teapot photo or the destination that the card will be going to. Each Tuesday the name of a person is giving who could use a friendly lift because of circumstances in their life. We are encouraged to send our card to that person. I've always enjoyed doing RAKS (Random Acts of Kindness), so this challenge is one I enjoy being a part of.

This week our inspiration was a story of a swan. The teapot shown was a beautiful swan teapot, so of course there had to be a swan on my card. I decided I would make a stand-up display card.


I started by stamping a floral branch (Stampin'Up! Thoughts and Prayers) in green on white card stock. I added pink flowers and pearls to the branch. I stamped a small swan below the flowers. I then die cut a pink Fleur De Lis Square shape and glued the stamped square to the center of the die cut. I made a 5-1/2" x 8" base card and scored the card. I added decorative paper to the scored panels and a white strip at the center of the card with the sentiment (Verve) stamped in green. There are a couple of cuts at the bottom of the card so that a piece folds 'forward' for the stamped piece to attach to. This way, the stamped piece gives support to the front of the card so you can display it. This card does close up flat for mailing. Isn't it cool? I just love it.