February 11, 2015

Chinese Peony Birthday Card


I love the Stampin' Up! set, Oriental Gardens. I'm up late, so I decided to make a few cards using the Chinese Peony image from the set. I saw a pretty card on Sandi MacIver's website and just loved everything about it, so thought I'd try and make one. On a white A-2 card, I attached a blue card layer, then added a layer of white that I embossed with my new Anna Griffin cuttlebug folder. A piece of decorative card stock was added to the bottom with white ribbon across the center.


I used the Chinese Peony image and colored in the leaves. I then cut out another flower that had been stamped on pink card stock, and attached it to the image on the white card. I made a blue frame for the flower and attached it with pop dots. The framed flower was then attached to the card. I colored a separate leaf image and added it on top of the blue frame. I made a white bow and attached it to the corner of the blue frame and finished the card with three small pink pearls.