May 23, 2015

MISTI Stamping Tool


Today is the day. Today I try out my new MISTI. I bought it from My Sweet Petunia after seeing the videos on YouTube and hearing so much positive feedback about it.


I began by gathering my supplies...the MISTI, magnets, baby wipes, card stock, ink pads, mini daubers and my new stamp. I saw a YouTube video of someone using this exact stamp with the MISTI, so of course I had to have it.


I first used a light green ink for the stems and leaves. Once stamped on several cards, I repeated the process using a little darker green for the edges of the leaves. It was so satisfying to see the way it stamped right on top of the first image, giving just a shadow of a color. Once I was satisfied with the stems and leaves, I started on the flower petals. I used a light pink first, followed by another application of a darker pink closer to the center of the larger flower and on the edges of the top flower. Lastly I added a red color to the center of the large flower by using my new Fantastix coloring tool (mini daubers). These little daubers have both a brush tip and bullet tip, so they work great for dabbing on color in tiny areas.


I then stamped on the sentiment, my friend, in red. I made the card using a coral colored card stock to back the stamped piece then a blue decorative card to attach the layers to. I must say, this being my first time using the MISTI...I am impressed. It was also a lot of fun using different colored inks to add color then raising the lid and seeing the results.

Gentle Whisper Clear Mount Flower Stamp - Penny Black
my friend clear mount stamp - Stampin' Up!
SU Stampin' Spot - Rose Romance, Rose Red & Forest Green
Memento - Angel Pink & New Sprout Green
Fantastix Color Tool - Tsukineko ImagineCrafts