January 6, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!


It's a new year, so time for a new start. I feel like I misplaced my creative spirit the last few months, but now that 2016 is here, I'm feeling creative again. I'm happy to announce that not only am I back to making cards, but I've started a new business. I am really excited to start this journey. The name of the business is Creative Heart Designs, of course. My plans include selling items on eBay, selling handcrafted items, supplies and vintage items on Etsy and who knows where I will go from there. I have yet to get things in motion in the e-commerce department, but I will be taking care of that in the next couple of weeks. In the mean time I am doing research, preparing items to offer for sale and making cards.

Hero Arts comes out with a new winter snow scene stamp each year right before Christmas. This year they have one with a deer in the image, so I had to buy it to add to my collection. Since there is a lot of solid area in this image, I removed the rubber from the wood block and backed it with EZ mount so I could stamp it using my Misti. I like making Let it Snow cards at the beginning of the year because its always snowing somewhere.


Snow Scene - Hero Arts
Die Cut Deer - Memory Box
Let it Snow Sentiment - Calligraphy on Vellum