May 2, 2017

Impression Obsession Butterfly Die


This is how it happens. A friend sends you a beautiful card with a fancy die cut butterfly on it. It's so pretty that you decide you want to order the die. While searching for that die, you come across other dies that you can't live without. This is one of them...Impression Obsession Die 253-U. I loved all the curls and swirls of the butterfly, so bought it right away.

I've been die cutting butterflies all day and the first card I made was a birthday card for a good friend. I decided on a 6" x 6" card in a green color scheme. The die cut is 4" x 3-1/4", so it needed to be a larger than normal card. I die cut the butterfly out of a pretty printed card stock. I then cut another butterfly out of a coordinating printed card stock and used the piece I cut if from for the layer. I glued the butterfly only at the center so the wings could be lifted for a dimensional effect. The metal accent with the birthday greeting is from a Stampin' Up Hodgepodge Hardware embellishment kit.