June 16, 2017

Crafter's Companion Dies

I love dies. I'm always looking to add to my collection and decided I wanted to find some ornate butterfly dies. While searching for the butterflies I came across others that I liked. One such die was a die by Crafter's Companion. I already had a butterfly die from that company but when I saw the die set titled Antique Edge, I had to have it. The company is based in the UK, but I did find one online.

I received the die last week and today I made my first card using the die (following a YouTube video put out by the company).


The card is 6" x 6" and made of a shimmery pink card stock. I die cut the edge but was a bit surprised to find that the die didn't cut as well as other dies I have. I ran it through my Cuttlebug a few times and it finally cut through. Another problem I had was the release of the card stock from the die. It took a bit of work, but I finally got it to release without tearing (wax paper between the die and card stock helped).

I used some pink rose paper for the paper layer and die cut a couple of butterflies (Crafter's Companion die) in brown to match the little butterfly on the paper. For the inside message I stamped a sentiment from Quiltfire Designs (a Canadian company that I love). It reads "Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen".


I do like how the card turned out and plan to make more. Regardless of the slight difficulty I had with the Crafter's Companion dies, I will continue to use them.