June 4, 2017

Estate Sale Treasures


It happened. An Estate sale of a lifetime. Treasures in every room...a full room of stamping and scrapbook supplies. Let's just say I went three times, spend a lot of money and had a wonderful time treasure hunting.



I've been a thrift store shopper, a garage sale shopper but just recently started going to estate sales. I do this (just about every weekend) to purchase items to sell in my EBAY store. On a recent search, one estate sale caught my eye. Three little words jumped out at me..."Scrap Book Supplies". One of the best things about listings for estate sales is that they have a bunch of photos, so of course I looked at what they had. I then contemplated if I would travel the 40 minutes to check it out. Photo showed a room with boxes and some scrapbook supplies...did I spy a few rubber stamps on a shelf? Yes...so that convinced me to go.

We arrived early and were the first to enter. Directions were given that the scrapbook room and jewelry room were the back bedrooms. My first thought when I saw the scrapbook room..."what a mess". Then I entered and the mess became a room of beautiful treasures. A center table full of stamps, stencils, scrapbook supplies and more. A shelf unit of brand new scrapbooks, unopened mystery boxes, plastic cases and more. Making my way to the other side of the small room I find cases and cases of rubber stamps...many Stampin' Up! sets (with dies attached) and other brands.



Unopened boxes were opened and a trove of Anna Griffin folders and dies appeared as well as many Crafter's Companion items. The owner was a crafter who bought items off QVC and HSN continuously, as well as bought Stampin' Up! and CTMH items but never used them! Nearly everything was new! I not only found treasures of this type in the scrapbook room, but in other rooms around the home. My husband followed me around with a big box that I would fill, then he'd check out and find another box for me to fill. At one point he had to tell me to be quiet because I was making too many 'excited' sounds.


Two of the best bargains I got that day was a MISTI ($10) and a CUTTLEBUG ($15) new in the box. I've listed and sold the MISTI, a few SU sets and a few Anna Griffin items, but I have so much more to list. Oh...the best part was the second day when we decided to go back one more time (after hitting it twice the day before). Get ready to drool...everything left was $1 each and I filled another box with dies, stamps and more. This time I took a few minutes to hit the jewelry room...oh my gosh...why didn't I go in there on day 1??? HSN and QVC jewelry everywhere. I did manage to get a few good pieces that were left, so I was content. Let's just say...I will probably never come across another sale like that one.


See some of the items I found by checking out my EBAY store. More will be listed in the next few weeks...at least the items I didn't decide to keep for myself. :)